Automobile Sector is one of the growing sector in India. Automobile industry is the largest manufacturing industry of the world. Automobile is no more a luxury , it has become a necessity for our population. It is playing a big role in national economy and employment sector. There are many career options like research, design, production, marketing, repair and maintenance, after-sales services of vehicles are very wide areas for employment of diploma holders in the field of automobile Engg. To cop up with the demand of skilled manpower and young engineers of automobile industry, our department offers 3 years diploma in Automobile Engineering and one year Post graduate diploma in Automobile & Tractor Engineering.
- The foremost objective of the department is to hone technical skills demanded by today’s engineering professionals by providing a sound technical platform and required knowledge base.
- To equip students with the fundamental knowledge, interdisciplinary problem solving skills, societal and business awareness, and confidence required to excel in their chosen professions and be leaders in a global Environment.
- Be recognized as one of the elite Engineering institutions through research, innovation in Education, and the transfer of concepts and results to technology and engineering practice
- To maintain a collegial, supportive, and diverse environment that encourages our students, faculty, and staff to achieve to the best of their abilities.
- The students passing the diploma in Automobile Engineering and post diploma in Automobile & tractor can further enhance their career academically as shown below: Direct Admission to 2nd year B.E (Automobile & Mech.)
- Automobile manufacturing industry and auto-ancillary units.
- Tractor and agriculture equipment manufacturing industry.
- Garages of Public/Private Sector undertakings.
- Tractor & Agro equipment service centers.
- Defense Services.
- Self-employment like starting a garage/service station.
- Inspector with transport authority.
- In dealership.
- In technical workshops (Repair & Maintenance) of state road Transport undertaking.
- In technical & vocational Educational institutes.
- Director General Quality Assurance (DGQA-vehicle) and DRDO- vehicle labs: ordinance factories:- vehicles